Wednesday, January 18, 2006

tea for two, art challenge quilt

This is my first attempt for the design of my art quilt. The tea cups have not yet been put into the picture but will be on the tablecloth.The timber frame represents the timber box that the teacups were in and also a window frame. The timber boxes which were in the original photo, remind me of rural or country settings, so I have used the view from my parents place overlooking Mt Bogong and hills.With a cane chair to view the scenery from the window. I need some ideas on how to make the greenery which is native gum tree forest, what techiniques would work.
and also anything that would create a basket/cane texture for the chair. I'm a bit apprehensive about what techinques and things to use to get different effects.

2 Comments:

Blogger pinup said...

Fantastic...right on the money in interpreting something into an art quilt. Have you drawn/painted the new look picture? Are you intending to use fabric pieces? If you are I like the idea of then using stitch for the trees....a rough kind of thread and plain straight stitching....this way you can add the shades you want a few stitches in a other shades can give a real bark look. For the chair perhaps also stitch or find an old straw hat you could steal a chair size piece from. You have inspired me to get started!

7:21 AM  
Blogger somewhereonthedesk said...

I have taken some photos of the mountains to give me the shapes and different tree shapes.Then used a pentool in Adobe Illustrator to make an outlined picture and then filled with colour. But I did have a rough drawing to start with to give me an idea where to put things.The frame is just made of rectangles but will use textured material to give it a timber feel and quilting will enhance it.

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home