Saturday, December 31, 2005

I GOT FISH...

Nothing to show this time... In between the seasonal madness I have thought about my fish... I am endeavoring to 'come to grips' with my skill base and tailor both my ideas and quilt to match... I am afraid that 'my eyes get too big for my stomach' to coin an phrase my mother used to say... In other words I have all these grand ideas and no way of executing them. But I have been 'hunting and gathering' look at other art quilts and fish - never has there been a time when fish have interested me so much - except on an a occasional Friday night wrapped in white paper accompanied by chips!!!!! I am also bearing in mind not to frighten myself into a standstill by looking at other art quilts... I guess you all know the wishing and sighing stage - 'I WISH I could do that followed by the inevitable long sigh!!!! This is usually followed by a 'downing of tools' - after all I couldn't possible DO that so why bother... BUT NOT THIS TIME!!!!!

P, my partner had an idea about the shape of my fish - he suggested looking at origami folding... I have considered it and it doesn't seem such a bad idea - after all this is an art quilt not a biological study...

If nothing more at this stage this venture has sparked my interest at looking at other work and 'thinking outside of the square'...

How are we all going???? What are we all up to???

2 Comments:

Blogger Maureen said...

Sharon---if you're interested in Origami or fabric folding in your case,Why don't you check out your local library for books by
Rebecca Wat "Fantastic Fabric Folding"(A C&T publication ISBN 1-57120-085-1) or by And I'm not quite sure of the other author but her first name is Sudiko.(I chucked out ALL my book catalogues last week,sorry)

4:53 PM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Sharon, my son gave me a book, Quiltagami, for Christmas, it has a folded fish in it. I'll have a go at scanning it in for you, at the very least you can play with it, see if that's the way you want to go

belle

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home