Tuesday, December 20, 2005

My thoughts on my piccy

I really do love this picuture. I can see myself there. Just over the fence picking apples in the orchard - or is that cherries.

I, like Sam am not planning to alter my piccy much as I really love it as it is. What I am thinking of doing is making it into 4 post card size pieces. Which would alter your perspective of this scene quite a deal.

I havent thought much on the techiniques I owuld use, but I agree with Linda that felting would be a grreat medium specially for the trunk. I thought that even b4 I Pinup mentioned her cobwed felt.

My skills are very basic and I was just going to applique mine but I might try a little beaading and definately some 3d work in there somewhere.

Love to hear some otherideas onwhat you would do with my piccy.

Gail

2 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

My immediate thought on seeing your lovely tree pic was "beads" !!! (I do think of other things sometimes !!) I can picture the trunk very 3D and gnarly, maybe using differnt wools and fibres.

7:59 AM  
Blogger miss~nance said...

Yes joy. I can see that too with different fibres. In fact I am trying to work out something a friend did that would work using all sorts of fibres free sewn between a soluble medium.

I am not a beader but think that I may have to give it a shot.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home