Sunday, January 01, 2006

art quilt challenge

To Sharon with the fish, I too have been doing lots of thinking about my pic........the jugs and pots in blue.My first thought was of milk from the jug, so I think I'll have to have that somewhere in the quilt. Don't know how I will even try to do this as I am definately not an artist able to draw pictures. My picture seems to represent days of old ( but not too old cos I can remember such things ) so an old cottage maybe with cows in a paddock,or old kitchen setting,. All pictures in my head, but no way of putting them onto a quilt. So lots more thinking to do ,trying to get the idea right but keeping the actual simple. I'm pretty good at this "thinking" thing, spend lots of time thinking, and little time DOING........ Maybe my New Year resolution should be "do more, think less", but I'm sure it would not last long so I won't bother. HAPPY STITCHING NEW YEAR everyone.............Margaret

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

You sound verylike me Margaret... Sadly alot of the time I convince myself out of doing anything at all because I get into a state of overwhelm... In a way that is why I decided to join this challenge as I know that there are lovely patient people who are full of ideas, encouragement and advice who I can turn to in my moments of doubt... I have started a visual diary and believe me I am no artist but it is helpful to scribble down ideas etc... It is helpful to have it all in one place rather than on millions of bits of paper as I am known to do... I think the key words for this challenge is to have fun and enjoy what we are about to embark on - ultimately the finished result will be in some ways a by product of the whole process... While I have some ideas of what I would like my quilt to be I have a feeling that it may be completely different - and I am endeavouring to be open to that... What is that saying suggesting that is is the journey which is the important part not the destination... I guess that sums up how I am viewing and why I am doing this challenge... I know I am going to learn heaps and I am looking forward to broadening my skill base...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home