Friday, December 16, 2005

I GOT FISH...


Here it is girls - my fish... I have a lot of ideas 'running' around. My first thoughts after I saw the picture - apart from 'crikey' - was the arc of the dolphin and the colours of the fish - it made me think of a rainbow. Then that thought 'travelled' onto 'round' and things that go round. I am really into symbols - so what was round and colourful and a symbol - mandalas. A few years ago I was really into mandala art - not making - more looking. The concept and philosophy behind mandalas fasinate me. I am not sure where all these thoughts are going or if they are just the first of many, but that was my inital reaction and I wanted to share it with you. Whilst I feel 'challenged' by this challenge it also excites me as I have taken a big step into the unknown. I am a very basic crafter - but because this challenge is 'outside the square' for me-in as much as I only have a picture as my starting point - the rest is up to me - that really inspires that part of me which is the artist. The promise of things to come - I feel a bit like Dorothy on the yellow brick road to Oz.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I've spent the last few minutes twisting my head, trying to see fish!! I see the dolphin but the gold and blue 'shapes' look to me like horses heads! Perhaps they are seahorses!!!

10:31 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

LOL linda - I think because the picture was taken on a reflective surface it makes it hard to see the fish... The coloured blogs are fish with lovely transparent type fins... The scanning has probably darkened an already dark photo... And of course they are glass or plastic - not real fish...

11:07 AM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

They are glass or plastic? Must get my eyes tested VBG I think the colours in this one are fab, go girl, go.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Nanette said...

Would love to see what you'd do with this as a mandala - have done a few in pastels and water colours, and thinking of a beaded one - would love to talk mandalas with you ...one day when we're not all busy being challenged vbg

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home