Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Ideas for art quilt challenge 2

Tried to post this as a comment but d****d machine wouldn't let me - so - it's here instead - in addendum (sp?) to my previous post ...

Just realised there's silk yarn and soya yarn too - could end up with alsorts of creatures in this one :) Sheep, alpace, rabbits, goats (?), soya, silkworms, recycled saris, any I've forgotten - not putting cats and dogs in because that's just wierd!

Lovely of you to offer me yarn pinup :) big transglobal hug for you, you know the way to a woman's heart! - but I rather think this project will invlove a 'few' additional purchases from the wool shop - all in the interest of research you understand. I was thinking of knitting little samples of differnt stitches and using those to create texture too. I've always avoided tension squares - maybe now there's a reason for them after all VBG Maybe I 'need' a sample of each wool type and guage too. Have a feeling I need to stop everything else and only work on thsi from now on!

2 Comments:

Blogger pinup said...

The Alpaca I am offering isn't yarn, it's straight off the alpaca. You would have to find some clever way of using it.
I saw a bag made from scrumplings....which was all sorts of knitted squares in different stitches & yarn. Then said squares/rectangles/triangles were all joined together over a mesh frame, lined and handles attached and the result was a pretty cool bag which was further embellished with cords and braids and general things that hung all over the place.
So your research can also turn into a work of art!
Just in case the art quilt isn't enough.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Okay, you've twisted my arm :) would love some alpaca - I'll pm you through the forum with my address. Have you seen those mad crochet scrumble bags? Soem one once told me she called hers a scrotum!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home